Advanced Nursing Program
Students with health care experience or training within the last 5 years may qualify for the Advanced Placement Nursing Assistant Program at Valley Vocational Academy.
This program can save you $200 dollars off the normal tuition if you qualify. Student must first pass Admissions Exam and interview with a member of the school’s administration for final approval.
Included in tuition:
- Effective for classes beginning 4/23/20 or later includes use of textbook
- Workbook optional beginning 4/23/20
- Uniform top
- Blood pressure cuff*
- Gait belt*
- TB Test*
- CPR Provider level (no online only classes will be accepted)
- State Board Testing Fees
- Watch with a second hand
*The student is required to procure these items prior to their clinical experience.Call Today!
- Show acceptable proof of 2080 hours of nursing assistant type duties and/or have successfully completed course work that included direct patient care experiences in allied health, medicine or nursing in the past 5 years.
- Student must provide payroll stubs, W2, or other similar proof of 2080 hours of nursing assistant type duties in the preceding 5 years and/or documentation from the institution where course work was completed.
- Provide current documentation of CPR (no online only classes will be accepted) and a TB test
- Achieve a passing score of 75% or higher on the Valley Vocational Academy entrance exam
- The student must not have an active felony conviction in the past 5 years (ARS 32-1606) or be charged with Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601).
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Background check as required by clinical site
- Influenza vaccination if required by clinical site
- The student must complete the VVA Health and Fitness declaration, which includes a physical examination that attests that the student is in suitable condition to take the course.
- The student must submit a complete Voluntary Assumption of Risk- Release of Liability Form.
Upon enrollment, the student will pick a start date corresponding with any posted class start date. The student will participate in all classroom activities and will be held to the same standards as the traditionally enrolled students. The total classroom hours will total 89 hours. After successfully completing the classroom portion of the course, the Advanced Placement student will be required to pass the written and skills final exam. Student will then be required to complete 16 hours of clinical.Call Today!