Advanced Nursing Program
Students with health care experience or training within the last 5 years may qualify for the Advanced Placement Nursing Assistant Program at Valley Vocational Academy.
This program can save you $300 dollars off the normal tuition if you qualify. Student must first pass Admissions Exam and interview with a member of the school’s administration for final approval.
$675.00 which includes the $250.00 Registration Fee (Effective 12-14-18 Tuition $875.00)
Included in tuition:
- Uniform top
- Blood pressure cuff*
- Gait belt*
- TB Test*
- CPR Provider level (no online only classes will be accepted)
- State Board Testing Fees
- Watch with a second hand
*The student is required to procure these items prior to their clinical experience.Call Today!
- Show acceptable proof of 2080 hours of nursing assistant type duties and/or have successfully completed course work that included direct patient care experiences in allied health, medicine or nursing in the past 5 years.
- Student must provide payroll stubs, W2, or other similar proof of 2080 hours of nursing assistant type duties in the preceding 5 years and/or documentation from the institution where course work was completed.
- Provide current documentation of CPR (no online only classes will be accepted) and a TB test
- Achieve a passing score of 75% or higher on the Valley Vocational Academy entrance exam
- The student must not have an active felony conviction in the past 5 years (ARS 32-1606) or be charged with Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601).
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Background check as required by clinical site
- Influenza vaccination if required by clinical site
- The student must complete the VVA Health and Fitness declaration, which includes a physical examination that attests that the student is in suitable condition to take the course.
- The student must submit a complete Voluntary Assumption of Risk- Release of Liability Form.
Upon admittance to program, student will be required to pass 2 midterm examinations, an abbreviation exam and be able to demonstrate competency with all 22 Arizona State Board testable skills. Student must also complete a comprehensive written and skills examination. Student will then complete 16 hours of clinical practicum with an RN instructor.Call Today!