It is a great time to be working in the Health Care industry in America. The demand for trained workers is exponentially growing and shows no signs of slowing down. It is time to take advantage of this positive trend and learn how to maximize your growth and advancement. ‘I’m excited, but how do I do this?’ the simple answer is learning to market your true potential so that perspective employers take notice and buy into your brand.
Developing your Brand
Yes, positions in health care like Caregiver, Nursing Assistant, LPN, and RN are common. I’m glad we got that fact out into the open. However, you are not common; You are one of a kind. It is time for you to take ownership of your uniqueness and create your brand around it. Take out a piece of paper and a writing instrument and write down the first thing that comes into your mind in response to the following questions:
- What drives you every day (not just in your career, but in general)?
- How do other people see you?
- How do you see yourself?
- What is one thing you will not compromise on in relation to working as a health care professional?
- Who do you want to become?
- Is the answer to number 5 realistic? Why or why not?
- What is your greatest fear (not something like clowns, more like not reaching your greatest potential)?
- What do you have to offer an employer that no other candidate has to offer?
The answer to question number 8 is the key to securing the position you seek and achieving your highest potential in the industry. ‘I don’t have an answer for number 8 yet’. Well, you are not alone. The most important thing is that you commit yourself to finding the answer and utilizing every possible resource to improve your health care brand. This blog post is the first in a series of posts that will focus on marketing your true potential to perspective employers. Tomorrow, April 19th, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM there is a Career Expo at Peoria Sports Complex. We recommend this as a great opportunity to explore potential employers and educational institutions offering advancements in the health care industry.https://careerconnectors.org/west-valley-healthcare-career-expo/